OUR CONTRACTION foods
Grain: brown rice, oat and whole wheat
Vegetables: Local, in-season veggies are preferred by our chefs with leafy greens strongly recommended
Soup: Soup recipes that contain grains, veggies, sea veggies and beans are an ideal macro meal in a bowl
Beans: Chickpea and kidney bean
Condiments/Oils. At the Hearty Centre we use sesame oil, miso, tamari and sea salt
Hearty Center Food Principles
- We concentrate on principle foods, secondary foods and pleasure foods.
- Emphasize seasonal and local foods.
- Mindful of quantity and quality.
- Learn to avoid dietary extremes.
- Eat less; chew more (chewy eater)
- No waste practice. The less food we waste, the more we have for others.
The foods we avoid at Hearty Centre
- Any food containing white, brown or any other refined sugar.
- Artificial sweeteners.
- Fruit juice.
- Milk, cheese, cream, butter, ghee, yoghurt and ice cream.
- Refined oils.
- Recreational drugs.
- Alcohol. Image result for no alcohol sign
- Heavy use of spices.
- White rice and white flour.
- Foods which contain chemicals, preservatives, dyes and insecticides
Our lifestyle principles
- Be friendly.
- Be responsible and admit faults.
- Discover life via personal experience.
- Respect all living beings.
- Be mindful of ecology.
- Practice economy in your life.
- Be happy and peaceful.
After a stay at Hearty Center for some months, you can get results:
- Greater energy, endurance and vitality.
- Regular and effortless bowel function.
- More stable moods as a result of a regulated blood sugar profile.
- A reduction in system acidity to help you better absorption.
- Better digestion simply by reducing dietary extremes.
- Deeper and more restful sleep with balance life.
- More mental clarity, better memory and more coordinated physical responses.
- Reduced physical stress.
- Prompt and permanent weight-loss.
- Better circulation of blood and lymph fluids.
- Greater tendency toward optimism and less negativity.
- Less emotional rigidity, less vulnerability and more openness.